New (pre 10/14) MBP..dents on lid

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HBOC, Nov 5, 2008.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

i bought a new MBP (listed in my sig) from the clearance section on apple.com less than 2 weeks ago. Is it normal for the MBP to have a few dents on the lid, next to the apple logo. I made an appointment at the genius bar tomorrow downtown near my school...will they get me another new one? Its not a huge deal, but after dropping close to 2Gs for this notebook, i feel it should be dent free. Never has it dropped.

Thanks for the help

2. MacPil0T macrumors member

3. slowpoke macrumors member

slowpoke

When I received my late '07 model last year, it had a circular 'crater' about two mil in diameter on the left edge. It doesn't impact the performance, and it's nigh unnoticeable, so I pay it no heed.

I understand getting persnickety about the slightest imperfection in something you've dropped a lot of cash on, but it'll become less and less of a worry if you don't let it get to you.

Otherwise, I'm not positive what Apple would say. If it's something that the customer could conceivably be responsible for...

4. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

i woldnt be so worried abot it, but it being so new and all. The dent is really small, but you can see it and definately feel it. ill see what apple says. if they wont do anything about, not a huge deal. I need my MBP for school, so i cant be without it for very long.