New Pre-Paid plans...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cybergypsy, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Not sure if this was posted, but was at ATT today and noticed the plan changed for prepaid, less weekends and nights but Unlimited Mobile to Mobile!

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Thats interesting I wonder how many would prefer the prepaid plan now

3. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Well the said I had the Old Plan, and asked me if I wanted the new.....thing is I sold my iphone because I never used it and bought another phone(go) to leave in the car...but even the go minutes has free mobile to mobile :)

4. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

5. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Curious, unless you call to change your plan to one of these new ones, will you still be on your old plan? I have the 39.99 one. Mine gave me 1000 night and weekend, but the new one gives you 500 but free mobile to mobile. Id rather have the 1000 night and weekend as I only know 1 person that has ATT.

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

If you don't tell them anything you will still be on your old plan.

7. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Yes you can keep it for now.....but it might end.....,I also had the one you do......

8. John Morris macrumors newbie

Hi folks ... I have a GoPhone in addition to my iPhone. I've had the GoPhone for a couple of years now. The plans that were posted in this thread are not the iPhone plans. The 'old' plans as you call them were created especially for the iPhone, include less minutes, but also gave you unlimited edge usage.

The plans listed here are the plans that AT&T/Cingular has offered for years on the GoPhone program. They don't include unlimited edge usage.

Keep that in mind -- if you were to switch to one of these plans (which I doubt they would allow), you would be charged on a per kb basis for your edge network usage.

9. Fast Shadow macrumors 6502a

Edge (mandatory for iPhone) will be an extra $19.99 on top of those plans, and 200 SMS messages will be $4.99 a month (optional).

10. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Those are the exact plans that were/are offered when you sign up with the iPhone the only thing different between an iPhone and a regular goPhone is that on the iPhone you have to have the $19.99 EDGE plan you get the same minutes, so the $29.99 plan ends up being $49.98 a month.

11. oSutrooper macrumors member

oSutrooper

Ok maybe I'm lost put where are the plans for the iphone to use with the go phone service. Are they the ones listed on the site or what????

12. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

They aren't listed, you only get them when you "fail" the credit check (either actually fail or enter 999-99-9999 as social) while activating, it pops up and says you can go to an at&t store to discuss your options, go prepaid, or start over. It gives you the listed pries above, adds the data plan and gives you the option of signing up for a SMS plan.