New Pressure Sensitive Stylus

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by GoGa, Mar 5, 2012.

1. GoGa macrumors regular

GoGa

Just found this whilst browsing through flipboard, it's a pressure sensitive stylus for the iPad 3 (it's got Bluetooth 4.0). It defiantly stands out from the rest of the kickstarter ones.

Here's the web page for anyone who's interested: http://tenonedesign.com/bluetiger.php

If enough apps support and the price is right it I would defiantly get one, love the coloured light feature too :D

2. iDvisic macrumors member

I dunno...it still looks like a fat marker. Sure, you can get thinner lines, but accurate placement looks difficult.

Still, pressure sensitivity would be nice.

-->iDv.

3. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Not pressure sensitive but a great stylus is the jot pro. I will wait before I buy all this expensive unproven tech. Without people developing the APIs for these pressure sensitive stylus you are stuck using one or two clunky apps

4. iDvisic macrumors member

That's another valid point.

Speaking of the Jot Pro, the Jot Touch is in development and looks very interesting. Again, a wait and see approach seems wise. Maybe one of them will be hugely successful so that Apple will take notice...and do it even better.

If they aren't already in that process.

-->iDv.

5. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Could you imagine if Apple just decided to put a Wacom digitizer on the iPad. It would kill these third party products. Not saying they will do this but it is risky.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

True, the line thickness in all the drawing apps I have is controlled by the software and not the stylus. I can't see that changing anytime soon.

7. iDvisic macrumors member

You're probably right. Still--and I say this without having any actual hands-on experience with the products in question--the styli with the clear capacitive disks and an obvious center would seem easier to use. You could change the line thickness in the software, yet easily see where the center of that thinner or thicker line would be. If that makes any sense. :p

-->iDv.