New prices?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pooki, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Pooki macrumors member

Hey guys!

This is my first post ever! :cool:

Let me give a bit of background before I start bombarding you with questions:
    I'm currently still a pc user, but it seems as though everything Microsoft I touch, breaks..(maybe I should rephrase to "everything Microsoft touches, breaks") I'm really sick of Windows..
    I currently have a 2year and a half old Dell Inspiron 1720 which is huuuuuge and really slowing down etc. I want to replace this machine by a Macbook Pro 15" sometime this year.

Now, I was wondering:
    * when the new series of MacBook Pros launch, will you still be able to purchased the current line from an official mac reseller?
    * If so, will these be priced down or is it more likely the prices remain the same and the newer ones will just be more expensive?

Thanks so much for helping out a macnewbie!

2. sk4prez2020 macrumors member

sk4prez2020

RE: Price drops.

You would definitely be able to find them cheaper. There are a few factors you may want to consider however. Apple has not made an entire remake of the MBP in a few years, when the new one comes out it will be a completely new overhaul. You may save $100-150 maximum, but you may not get the same warranty, return policy, or technology. This should be mid-year I would think, right after the iPad 2 releases. Take your time and pick the device that isn't already obsolete.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1. Possibly, depends on if they still have them in stock.

2. Apple doesn't raise the prices usually. I would expect the old ones to be 50-100$ cheaper though last time I asked from a reseller here in Finland, they said no discounts because they are able to sell them at full price as well. So, it might depend on the reseller and how much they have them in stock. However, the new one is worth the extra IMO

4. Pooki thread starter macrumors member