New printer promo?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BIS2, Jul 23, 2009.

1. BIS2 macrumors regular

So the free printer promo ran out 7/20. I called Apple last night and the guy said new info should be up on their website today and it will run thru October.

Unfortunately, my local Apple Store currently has no printers under $200 - I wanted to get one cheap so this doesn't help. They also knew nothing about the printer promo being extended. 2 questions:

-has anyone else heard about a new promo?
    -if you've been to a store recently, have they had printers available?? (online they are backordered for weeks, which leads me to believe many store might be out too?)

thanks-

2. theJamie macrumors member

I went to a store locally on the 19th of this month and they had the $99 Canon printers along with the $150 wireless Canons. You could always try online?

3. WildMan99 macrumors newbie

4. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

I don't know why Apple puts dates on when these deals end, they just renew the deal the day after.

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

yeah printer deal has been going on for years now haha....

6. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

With the deadlines, people think, "oh god, I might not get one if I don't go now!" Plus, if you don't give people a deadline they will wait and wait then b**ch when there is nothing left.

7. BIS2 thread starter macrumors regular

no luck

Bought my MBP tonight in Salem MA. Only printer they had in the store was a $300 one. Oh well.....I didn't need a new one anyone, but I would have taken it if they had it!

8. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

And do what with it?

That's the problem with Americans. We buy and buy and buy until we have 87 of the same thing and we never do anything with it. It is so wasteful. Not only a waste of money, but a waste of fuels and materials and time and space.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

I give mine to someone that needs it (friend/family/coworker).

10. iGEORGIAban macrumors newbie

Smart move on apple. im not going to lie last year i was going to buy a splurge on it, instead of waiting until tax free weekend in georgia. i waited, but now it has been a whole year of waiting, and im glad, since the MBP 13 now blow out the white ones.

this year im getting the Ipod and printer, but ill be selling the ipod, since i have an Iphone 16gb.

11. BIS2 thread starter macrumors regular

judgemental much?

I was planning to sell it to offset the cost of the computer, or give it to a family member. Sorry if that offends you.

12. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Not at all, but it's probably best to state that when you first mention it.

I assumed you'd just keep it and do nothing with it, but giving it to someone who could use one is a fine idea.

13. chad2323 macrumors newbie

I'm about ready to buy a imac but I do not see the printer promo anymore is it still going on?

Thank's

14. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

http://www.apple.com/promo/

Yes, just buy the printer with your iMac, then fill out the rebate form.