Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecube84

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2001
ohio
apple's sales would be bad

ur right- if apple didn't have enough G5s to sell them "available now" and at MWSF, then it would really hurt apples G4 sales until the G5s came out. I mean, would you buy a G4 if you knew that in a month you could get a G5?

--
//=\\L E ><
alexford.f2g.net

U

Unregistered

Plus Apple probably thinks that 'consumer' customers can afford to wait for their latest spanking new iMacs.

Pro-users on the other hand, usually need computers to be available immediately. I would rather they delayed an announcement of the possible G5 towers (which is what I believe they'll be) until they have sufficient numbers to deliver as soon as possible.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Every six months

Apple usually keeps a 6 month update sched on all hardware its been about 6 months since apples last revision of the tower line. So i think we are due for new towers in about a month or 2. We wont see a ibook or imac update till falll and an ipod update over the summer so if apple stays on their 6 month plan i expect to see new towers in a month with new power books soon to follow that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.