New problem. REALLY annoying.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Starting just today, if I'm typing in Safari whenever I hit any letter, number, punctuation, symbol or whatever else my fingers can get to, the whole screen jumps to the top of the page. Sometimes it stays up there, sometimes it jumps back to where I'm typing. More often than not I'm just getting flashes of the macrumors banner at the top.

This is creating even more lag than there already was and the worst part is I can't see what replacement words auto-correct is throwing in there for me.

I never had this with my first phone and it's driving me bucknutty. Anybody else going through this?

One more thing on the same topic. If Im writing a long message that more than fills the white text box, is it possible to scroll within that box? I was wanting to edit my last post but I can't get to the bottom of the message...

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i also have both of these problems you mentioned. when in safari it jumps up sometimes every time i hit a letter. it does not lag for me though.

i only noticed i could not scroll in my message because i thought the phone deleted the first half of a message i wrote in the facebook app. hopefully these are changed in 2.1

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Wow. Internet usage on the iPhone is looking bleak. I just had to do another hard reset after trying to look at some pictures on the "iPhone case" thread.

Guess I'm lucky my hair is too short to grab...

4. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Same problem here. I havent tested it, but I couldnt tell if it was because the page had not completely loaded yet (the address bar was still visible) or if it was a bug. Only happens occassionally. I also cannot use the search feature here at MR on the iphone. It wont let me type in the search box. Really waiting for a firmware update here!

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

6. weeman macrumors 6502

I believe you can use 2 finger scrolling to move up and down in the text box.

7. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Yup happen to me too... can't wait for 2.1 I know it will be fixed but just seems like even if they dont have "all" bugs fixed they could make a release now with what they do have. If just half the crap I go though was fixed I would be happier.

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ha, wow, I've owned an iPhone in some form or fashion for over a year now and never knew this... :eek: Sure makes my life easier now! Thanks!

9. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I don't think I'll ever stop getting excited when I learn new tricks on this thing...

Thanks!