New problem with display on Macbook Pro retina (Samsung panel)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kirillo, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kirillo macrumors newbie

Hello All,
    I am a very new people on your forum but a few weeks ago i bought a new macbook pro retina with samsung panel.

I haven't ghosting effect on my macbook but i have a new and really bad problem.
    I try to found a some information on Russians forums but nobody can help me with it.

I can see an artifacts in the form of flashing pixels on all display.
    It occurs in 20-30 minutes after the start of work.
    Today i try to test it on game Dirt 2 and i can see defects after 2 minutes after start. So i think it can be reason with Geforce 650 but when i back to desktop and use HD 4000 i still see a problem.

This is best seen on a black screen with high backlight.
    When i try to connect TV via HDMI i can't see any problem in my TV.

So i really don't know what could be the reason.

I attached the video with issue to video hosting
    http://vimple.ru/579f880e8b7045e09f8fc5bc097c5e2b

Also i have a many software problem like Crashing safari and iTunes. It can be a few times per day.

I really disappointed with my new Macbook.
    I haven't any problem with old 2009 Macbook pro with Snow Leopard but Mountain Lion is not working well.

2. krravi macrumors 65816

Considering the number of issues you are having, looks like a software issue.

I would reinstall from scratch to cure the other crashes and see if it also fixes the LCD issue. If that fails, then its back to Apple.

3. kirillo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

No display issues when you have the video going to an external monitor tells me it's a problem with that Samsung display. You've used process of elimination to get to that determination.

I would bring it in and have them replace the system or display.

The crashing issues could be a completely separate thing, but I would get the display issue resolved first, and then start looking at fixing the other things if they still happen.

5. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Speak with Apple, i would in general say that you need to resolve the underlying software issues, however as the "artefacts" are present in recovery mode it implies a fault at a lower level, potentially operating system or hardware.

As dealing with Apple may be difficult, i would ensure that the MBP has adequate airflow, is not getting too hot Bresink`s Temperature Monitor is very good at monitoring temperature. Reinstalling OS X may be an option, or easier, download OS X 10.8.2 Combo from Apple as this will have all the latest updates to the GPU`s and may rectify the issue. It`s a no cost remedy, barring your time. if it`s hardware related only Apple can resolve the problem unfortunately.