New Product?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by distance, Jan 13, 2008.

1. distance macrumors newbie

I believe Steve Jobs spoke of the apple family of products like a chair with four legs. One leg is the personal computer, another is the ipod, the next is the iphone and the final leg will be the Apple TV. This hinted that the Apple TV is not yet strong enough to support it's weight. I believe the something in the air, is something being transmitted to and from the Apple TV. I'm not sure what the capability he is referring to is. Maybe for the first time a central device will beam tv to all other devices in the house. Then, you could watch TV on your laptop, iphone, and flat screen when in range. Air makes me thing of AirTunes... There already is AirVideo if you want to call it that but the connection is one way: Videos from Itunes beamed to your Apple TV from your computer

Why not bring Television to your computer, and other devices?
    Why not transform the central hub of almost everyone's household?
    Give the capability of rich internet, and interactivity of purchasing content directly on the device. I think Jobs sees the large flat screens we all have in the center of our living rooms as the perfect creative medium to take advantage of. Consider his position at Disney and the great success of Itunes, and how possibly the Apple TV could boost sales with a complete overhaul.

I don't know that's my idea, I might be completely off...

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

That's actually a very interesting take on the posters...I think we've all been in such a one-track mindset regarding the purported MacBook Air that we haven't considered other possibilities, like yours. I still think an ultraportable laptop is the most likely eventuality, but we'll see!

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Ever watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder? You know the scene where the kid is put in the TV? Apple has finally developed a workable transportation system for humans. :D

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

But then all those airline miles I've been saving up for ages mean nothing now... :(

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Something like this definitely does make sense, and if Apple made something that worked in a multivendor ecosystem - or if Apple beefed up its own ecosystem - better than alternatives already available from Microsoft I'd buy it.

It's for definite that Apple will make out of the box setup much easier than the tech-involved route that an MCE-derived system needs at the moment. But I won't take 'no-brainer' if that mentality extends to it's functionality as well.