New Products July 7th or Before?

Church

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2005
155
0
Alabama
From hardmac.com

Apple has asked media/news networks to be prepared for major announcements and/or new products, to be launched before or on July 7th. Some products should be announced before this date.
If we remember correctly, the last time Apple has given a date to media/news network was for the launch of iPod Photo.
Based on Steve Jobs' announcement during the last WWDC Keynote, the new product(s) to be released will not be a Mac, but rather a revolutionary software and/or hardware.
Any idea? Let’s bet.
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,570
0
With Apple there is just no way of knowing what the new hardware or software might end up being. I'm not a betting person. I'll just wait and be surprised.
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
I believe it might be updated iPod minis to come with flash memory.
 

Bowser

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2005
45
0
i hope its an updated iPod shuffle. i would buy one of those in an instant if it had some sort of screen on it.
 

Superhob

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2004
136
0
I don't know if this is related to the upcoming July 7th annuoncement by Apple but Amazon is having a sale on Apple accessories such as Mice, Keyboards and LCD displays. The sale starts today and ends on the night of July 4th....

Here is the link 5% Apple Accessories Sale

I don't know if the two are related, but it doesn't hurt to speculate.... :cool:
 

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
1,821
0
Superhob said:
I don't know if this is related to the upcoming July 7th annuoncement by Apple but Amazon is having a sale on Apple accessories such as Mice, Keyboards and LCD displays. The sale starts today and ends on the night of July 4th....

Here is the link 5% Apple Accessories Sale

I don't know if the two are related, but it doesn't hurt to speculate.... :cool:

SOme new keyboards and mice would be cool, i am curious to see what apple do with a re-design should look pretty sweet maybe a two button scroll wheel mouse to replace my evil microsoft mouse...

SHadOW :eek:
 

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
9,227
444
NY
shadowmoses said:
i am curious to see what apple do with a re-design should look pretty sweet maybe a two button scroll wheel mouse to replace my evil microsoft mouse...
Don't hold your breath. ;)
But i would love to see a BT 2 button + scroll wheel mouse :D
 

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2004
174
0
crazydreaming said:
would about iBook iBook iBook???
Like I said in an earlier post, probably not. This will almost surely be an iPod + iTunes only affiar. In my opinion, iPod + iTunes brand is the only one that is high profile enough for Apple to call a special media event for it (76% of the music player market (according to Jobs) shows you how high profile iPod + iTunes is). All other hardware/software updates have been done through big conferences/mac-related events, or as quiet updates on the website.
 

icarusflies

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
82
0
puckhead193 said:
Don't hold your breath. ;)
But i would love to see a BT 2 button + scroll wheel mouse :D
2 buttoned mouse... from apple?
Next you'll be asking for intel chips in your macs!!!
:D
 

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
642
0
Wisconsin
The fact that the Go Save rebate stated that items must be shipped before the 25th (not just ordered), makes me think that it must be one of the systems covered by the Go Save rebate. In other words, if you ordered from the online store on the 25th, in all likelyhood if they were updating on Tuesday, they would wait with your order till Tuesday and send you the new item. It may be a stretch, but I have apparently nothing better to do than speculate on updates.

I'm going with iBook's.