New PS3 Ad Campaign - It Only Does Everything

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by fiercetiger224, Aug 27, 2009.

1. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Link

I'm somewhat impressed. Not only does it poke fun at itself, but it's poking fun at the rumor mill. Sounds a lot like Apple doesn't it? :D

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I'm hoping this price point will start to increase the popularity of the system. But then again, the only way that's going to happen is if Sony can get some exclusive deals like they did back in the PS2 days.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Sony has 1st party studios everywhere thats constantly making exclusive for the system, we are not in 2006 where there was a handful of good exclusive on the PS3...there are many games to choose from and more in the pipeline. Sony doesn't need to "make exclusive deals" to get titles....they have the studios for that.

Please leave all of the DLC/timed exclusive out of it because if we learnt anything from it....the DLC will likely be on the PS3 later and the port will be enhance greatly for the PS3.

On topic: Those are some good ads and it takes Sony back to the PS1 days...good job.

Bless

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

1st party titles, sure.

But goodbye Final Fantasy.
    Goodbye Batman.
    Goodbye just about every other big game coming out.

Until they have more exclusives that people are going to want, they're simply not going to sell as many copies as they will 360 versions.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Sony has tons of great studios making great exclusives. And developers like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, etc. Even Rockstar North is making a PS3 exclusive (Agent).

If you want a list...
    Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Resistance 2, Infamous, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, LittlebigPlanet, Killzone 2, Warhawk, Motorstorm 2, Uncharted 2 Among Thieves, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Gran Turismo 5, Agent, MAG, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, plus tons of downloadable games on PSN.

I think they've got a decent list of exclusives...

Back on topic. I like these ads, especially the seconds one. :D

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The 'Rumour' ad is awful.

The 'Unsatisfied Girlfriend' ad is genius! "He hates candles too!" "C'mon!" :D

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Ziggy what are you talking about, those games are available for the PS3 as well plus the recent BAA got exclusive content:confused:

Are you talking about sales? well of course the 360 will have more....theres more 360 in the wild than PS3 and theres no debating the 360 attach rate is higher than the PS3.

You sound like you're stating that the majority of the games available on the 360 are not on the other platform which is false, they practically share the same catalogue except for the early editions and some exclusive BUT the PS3 has its own so if you're talking about sales then yes the 360 games sells games more but if you're talking about having better games.....I don't know about that.

Bless

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I actually kind of like the first ad. It's cheesy, but I like how they are making fun of themselves for leaking stuff. (PSP Go, PS3 Slim, what's next!?)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Rumour; nah.
    Girlfriend; better.
    As far as adverts go none of them (Nintendo, Sony, MS) have really hit the spot.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

In all seriousness, you reminded me why I went for the cheapest system. I haven't heard of most of those games and would only be interested in Gran Turismo 5. I'm not knocking anybody's tastes, but it just seems that developers really aren't hitting my taste buds. Honestly, I mostly want to play sports sims. But EA is trying really hard to eff up that world of mine. PES 2010 can't arrive quick enough.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Bless.... Do you know how the industry actually works ? Do you appreciate the cost of developing AAA games these days ?

1st party studios will be the only place we will see Exclusives.

There may indeed be timed exclusives or exclusive content from third party developers, but as games development costs can easily reach as high as $20 million for a single game - you can forget exclusivity.

Exclusivity is not good for the developer / publisher or consumer. The only one it benefits is the hardware manufacturer. Unless they can secure a deal to finance a project completely with a 3rd party developer - a developer is not going to risk putting a game out on any single platform where their chances or recouping and remaining financially solvent, is detrimentally affected.

The PS2 day's have long since gone, and the financial climate is utterly different and will never be the same as it was then.

Time to accept, and move on......

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

my god this derailed quick.

But, the ads, I think, are pretty good. The first one is quite good, probably only people who are up to date on the gaming scene will really get it, but still funny none the less. The slogan is good and the two ads aren't all trippy and messed up.

13. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I wonder what they have lined up for Europe advertisement wise ?

15. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

To quote David Byrne, "Girlfriend is Better" although I think the campaign on the whole shows a lot of promise.

16. macfan881 macrumors 68020

hate to bring this up again im still loving the ads been seing a whole bunch on the ALCS Series games The Drake 2 ones and the price rumor have been the best imo

17. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Have you guys heard the Sony wants to start charging fir psn? I have got a lot if messenges from people saying that, I myself think it's bs

18. crain300 macrumors member

ps3 on my christmas list this year i am glad they have a 120 gig hard drive
    and 299 price

19. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Complete BS, Sorny will never charge for PSN. They (and other devs) will however micro transaction the hell out of you. The bright side is you aren't paying a yearly fee AND being microtransactioned like on other networks.

Why not get the 250gb one? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/new-250gb-playstation-3-system-available-november-3/