New PS3 - questions

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by irbdavid, Nov 18, 2007.

1. irbdavid macrumors regular

irbdavid

I picked up a PS3 40GB from what used to be Virgin megastores the other day. Had a manager's own deal type thing going on: 40GB PS3, extra controller, any game and one of a selected blu ray discs for £335. Best deal I could find on the 40GB in town that day.

Some questions though:
    - Does a better music player program exist? Something more along the lines of itunes / windows media, rather than just playing mp3s in a specific folder?
    Say I wanted to play all of my music on shuffle, or all songs by $artist - how can you do this?

- Any way to stream / share content to the PS3 from my Mac other than via EyeConnect software - that thing costs money, and also hogs ram: Streamed a few tracks of music from it the other day, then noticed that the EyeConnect daemon was using >500MB of real memory, even after the streaming and with the PS3 turned off downstairs... o_O

Otherwise, pretty sweet thing, this PS3. Quiet, games and blu-rays look excellent. Interface isn't quite up to the 'designed by apple' standard i've gotten used to though!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Hey man, theres no programs as yet to do what you want but I think(?) you can(with 2.00 update) play your music by artist etc..

I think the nuldriver guys that made 360connect is working on something for the PS3....just gotta wait it outand see what happens.

I recommend you pick up warhawk, RnC for unlimted fun online and off....PSN games I recommend is Everyday shooter...very cool and the music is great.

Enjoy your console.....it will bring you hours of play.

Bless