New Psp!

Nye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
OMG there is a new PSP coming out! It is 33 per cent lighter, 19 per cent slimmer, offer better battery life, faster game load times and video output to TVs! yay ;) Now im gonna sell my old PSP cheaply and pay extra to have something that looks and is EXACTLY the same as the original! What a waste of time and money...

Attachments

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Price and video cable options are deciding factors for me here. And that covers Memory Stick Pro Duo Ex Alpha costs too.

I bought a 2gb MicroSD for my DS Lite for £9.99 :) it's £74 for Sony's offering.
heeeey is there a MicroSD>Memory whatever adapter? That would be perfect.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
I read that the video output was for UMD movies, and photo's and that actually it will be pretty limited.

Another piece of hardware to sit on my shelf gathering dust....

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I can imagine Mr. DarkAlex getting it working with games too. Seriously. PS1 iso loading and VGA out would have me replacing my ageing PS1, and ironically, throw away my biggest reason for getting a PS3 :D

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
DarkAlex is allegedly getting out of the HomeBrew scene.

We have to say that we are still stunned and unconvinced by this development. We're not saying that it isn't true. What we are just saying is that we couldn't believe it ourselves. On the official website of the great homebrew developer Dark AleX, we found this,

Bye, scene.

I've decided to cease OE development, and leave PSP scene. The reasons are various. One of them is the time it consumes, which I'm losing from other things. The other is related to my security. I didn't like Sony menaces to PS3 hackers. I think it is better to leave now rather than end paying the consequences.

The last time we heard, DAX was skipping FW 3.50 and is working on FW 3.51. We looked around the Internet and various sites mentioned that the news was confirmed to them personally by Dark AleX himself. We don't know what really happened with him and Sony but DAX added that he is avoiding future legal issues with the company.

Dark AleX will surely be missed because of his great contributions to the homebrew community. With all the things he did, maybe the least thing we can do is send our messages of good faith to him. From QJ.NET, good luck DAX on whatever future endeavor you wish to pursue. Thank you for the time you spent with the PSP community.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh now that's a poor show. Anyone billed to take over as cheif of make PSP how it should be?

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Don't forget the Gameboy micro which was a GBA SP in a new form factor. (Not saying it wasn't a welcome transition, just that it follows the "same hardware, different form factor" trend).

I won't count the GBA-> GBA SP because they did add the backlight.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Hush guys only Nintendo is allowed to pull of a slim/micro/too damn small update;)

I'm not interested in the thing really....I'm not playing much handheld stuff these days no matter how slim it is.

Bless

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
PSP = the biggest regret of a purchase I have ever made...

All the titles coming out for it suck, and there is a VERY few good games to select from.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Whenever is see this post come up in Forum Spy i always think that there is going to be a new Pepsi.

The psp hasn't really taken off over here, see lots of people with the DS but i only know 1 won has the PSP and he has a DS which he says he uses more often.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Not that we had any doubts, but the September 1st launch of the PSP in the UK earned it the fastest selling console of all time with 185,000 units sold in the first weekend. Ridge Racer, with its juicy frame rate, was the number one selling game.
that doesn't say handheld...it says console. ;)

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
wow, more negative Sony posts from wako........:rolleyes:
well yeah... you can blame Sony for not delivering... Im still waiting for my PS3 games because the console sure is collecting alot of dust, just like my PSP....

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
If they improve the screen so that the poor refresh is addressed, because my current launch psp screen is desperate for that, then I'd consider buying the update.

Heck I bought a fat/slim ps2, gba/gba sp, as ds/dslite so I cant complain about hardware revisions as long as they improve what they currently offer.

Better battery life would be nice too.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
I simply wished the new PSP had another knob thing on the other side, and moved up...

after a few hours of playing games on the PSP, especially games that require using that knob thing alot, my left thumb starts hurting... Its just not very ergonomic...