new purchase history deleting?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pellebee, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pellebee macrumors member

I know this has probably been discussed here, but cannot seem to find it. Ok so yeah, i have older apps that i want completely deleted. But now, they come up on my device under "past purchases" and there is no way to delete them permanently.

any leads? ideas on how to do this?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Can't be done, been discussed.

I can't see them adding a delete feature, but a hide feature maybe.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yeah all i can see them add is to seperate paid vs free

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Nah, I don't see that either. Why separate the two if you've already paid, and re-downloading is free?

6. pellebee thread starter macrumors member

this is so annoying as the fact that an account can be shared across multiple parties (families) and then everyone can see everything purchased and redownload it (adult aps, music, videos, etc...) i think this was a really bad idea of apple. Once an app is deleted, get rid of it! One can always re-download from the app store main page...

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

apple id are not meant to be shared with familes just mutliple devices you use

8. soco macrumors 68030

soco

How would you distinguish wheather or not an app was purchased already though? They need to show that it's able to be installed for free, therefore making useless the idea of "once an app is deleted, get rid of it".

This goes back to the hiding feature. Make it possible to set a "main user" of the account, and said user can hide/un-hide purchases at their leisure.

And not for nothing, but the use of an account across multiple devices isn't necessarily intended for multiple people.
    Edit: As iisforiphone just said.

9. pellebee thread starter macrumors member

ok, understandable. I just dont understand why, if when something is deleted and you want to make it deleted from your devices, that it must come up again... Like a permanent delete button?

10. soco macrumors 68030

soco

For the simple reason that it defeats the purpose of a purchase history. If you're ashamed of a purchase, don't make it, or better yet, purchase it with a separate account just for that.

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

pardon?