New Quicken

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeremysteele, Sep 18, 2014.

1. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Got an email this morning about a new Quicken for mac. Looks like it is a finally bit more full-featured than essentials was.

No written reviews on the MaS as of this writing - but its around 3-4 stars.

Anyone give it a shot yet?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....a really easy search of the forum gets you this existing thread, it ought to get you some idea of what's up.....oh yeah!

3. Cythth macrumors regular

Cythth

There are plenty of reviews in the App Store. You just have to click "All Versions" to read them. They've been releasing minor updates to fix stuff that people have been complaining about.

4. mic j macrumors 68030

I haven't read anything yet that indicates it's worth what they are charging. Proceed with caution...unless you don't care about pissing away money.

5. jeremysteele thread starter macrumors 6502

How long has it been out? I just found out about it. Weird.

Thanks! I did search but seemed to miss this. Do'h!

6. Cythth macrumors regular

Cythth

7. cdavis11 macrumors 6502

I'm up and running with it and have been since day 1.

Like many folks I stayed with 2007 for as long as I could, and got lured in with essentials. I didn't like it, but I had issues with iBank and others too.

I was happy to see the new release - it's not perfect, but it's nice to have mobile support and quicken connect to grab transaction downloads with no bank fees.

The data migration (over 15 years of data) was a pain, but it was going to be a pain no matter what I migrated to. All in all, it wasn't that bad.

Investments is still a work in progress. I have a couple of 529 plans for my kids that aren't listed funds with symbols - so they have to be updated manually...well, 2015 for mac can't do that yet. So every month when I make a new 529 contribution to each account I have to manually adjust the accounts. It's a hassle, but according to the quicken boards manually updating securities pricing is coming.

I'm very happy with the mobile sync and support so far - being able to have my wife (and I) look at the running budget during the month is a great thing.

All in all - it's not perfect, but it's a good update.