New ram for 2010 iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by yum114, May 13, 2012.

1. yum114 macrumors member

So yesterday I went to compusa and bought some ram for my computer. It originally came with 2x 2gb sticks of ram(total of 4gb). I went to compusa and picked up 2x 4gb sticks of Kingston ValueRam for a total of 42.00 (including taxes)
    Got home and installed the ram. Now I have a total of 12gb of ram in my computer. I go online to see what everyone says about this ram and I notice many topics about how Kingston's ValueRam doesn't play well with Mac systems. Do I have anything to worry about? Should I exchange this ram and find crucial somewhere in my city? Like stated, I have found 0 issues so far (although playing 2 youtube videos at 720p somewhat had a small lag on my system, which I believe it shouldn't with 12gb of ram installed)
    If anyone here has had issues with Kingstons ValueRam in iMac computers... Did you notice immediately? Or did things get out of order over time?

Like I said, things seem to be going well now. But the reviews on forums about this ram are scaring me now :-(

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Wait and see if you have issues before you do anything.