New ram for new Mac Pro?!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by top, Mar 21, 2012.

1. top macrumors member

When/if we get a new Mac Pro in the next two months, do you think we will see a new version of ram for it? If so could we buy it from OWC as soon as the refresh happens? I currently have an iMac and ram is cheap for it, what do you guys/girls pay for ram on your current Mac Pro?

:apple:

2. Vantage Point, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I believe the current ram is 1333 mhz. The last generation, what I have on my 2010 MBP, is 1066 mhz. I'm sure whatever the new MP's use, OWC will carry it - and it will be a fraction of the price that Aple will charge. Got mine from OWC - actually it was part of a bad batch (one of the two sticks) but they shipped out the replacement ram first, before I had to return the defective one which is something that other vendors may not be able to help with.

3. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Most of the processors that one would expect to see in the next Mac Pro support 1600MHz DDR3 which you can already get.

4. djbarona Guest

New RAM for new Sandy Bridge Processors

Are supposed to be 1600.00 Mhz... or so I've been told. it will be a drastic improvement to front side bus as well of course from the now old 12 core.