New RAM installed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klymr, Oct 1, 2007.

1. klymr macrumors 65816

I got my OCZ RAM today and just put it in. It is all showing up fine and haven't had any problems yet. I opened Final Cut and did a little render, no problems there. As far as I can tell, it's working good. Is there a way to test it? I'm pretty new as to how to test this stuff. Thanks!

2. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

3. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

Where is this "memtest" found? Sorry if I sound like a noob. It's cause I am when it comes to this.

Also, my OS-X boot time is at about 1/4th the speed it was before. That is GREATLY increased. However, it took about 2-3 times longer to load Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. An reason for that?

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

http://www.memtestosx.org/

its costs $1.39 because of distribution costs or something like that... i'm sure if you use your imagination you can find the download somewhere for free

5. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

Gotcha. ;) Thanks!

So, does anyone have a better imagination than I do? I am cheap and don't want to throw down $1.39.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

7. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

How long does it take to run Rember? I started it, and 15-20 later it was still not done. The fans were running pretty fast, so I checked out iStat and that said it was running at 259°F. I restarted it a few times and it would run ok until it hit a certain part (can't remember what it said) and then it would freeze there. Any ideas?

8. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I ran the AHT and it all turned out fine there. It took just over an hour to complete. Should I try Rember again? Should it also take that long? Anyone? Thanks.