New Ram may not work?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by baddj, Apr 11, 2009.

1. baddj macrumors 6502

hello

Some guy told me that ram that's not by apple will not work in the late 2008 macbook is that true? is it not i am going to get some kingstone ram.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

There's a chance with every piece of RAM that it may not work correctly. Personally I think the problem was with the early machines being manufactured. It should be fine now. Where are you buying it from? You should always buy from somewhere with a good lifetime warranty and a good return policy.

OWC has a good price on their RAM plus a lifetime warranty. $59.99 for 2X2GB.

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Certain RAM sticks did not work well with the MacBook. However, buying from Kingston with almost guarantee compatibility.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

No matter which mfgr you buy the RAM from, it may not work. Sometimes it's just DOA. If it's the right RAM, a reputable mfgr will replace it. Stick to name brands.

6. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I just installed the 4GB kit that flopticalcube linked to above earlier this week into my 2.4GHz UMB and it's fine, no problems at all. If you do install it and experience problems it's just faulty RAM, not compatibility issues.