New RedSn0w JB on iPhone 4, Yet MultiTask Gestures not Working? Help.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HappyDude20, Dec 29, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I enabled it on the iPhone 4 yet its not working, anyone have any advice?

2. phillq23 macrumors member

If I understand correctly, the mutltitasking gestures enabled through redsn0w only works on the iPad. It shows up on the iphone in the settings but it doesnt work. I am not sure if there is a way you can remove it once its enabled.

You can install a tweak called Zephyr in Cydia for similar functionality. It costs $2.99.

3. Kayan macrumors 6502

This is correct. I too opted to install the gestures but it didn't work. But, Zephyr is better than the stock gestures because the stock ones require swiping with four freaking fingers on the puny little iPhone screen. So even if you could install the gestures, Zephyr is by far better, only requiring one finger swiping.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I installed it hoping it would fix some of my Apps crashing Tweetbot, Twitter Spotify to name a few. No go I had the tethered version and the apps didn't crash. has me thinking about going back to tethered.

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I was certain a previous release of redsn0w enabled multitask gesture-based controls for iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.3. Anyhow, it doesn't appear to be working on iOS 5.0.1 untethered, but it would be nice to have alongside Activator (for apps like Shazam which hide the status bar when in use).

While on 4.3.3 jb, I almost never had to use the Home button. :)

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

6. twsaving macrumors newbie

That's my thoughts too. If it worked on iphone at 4.3.3, why it is broken now?