I picked up a mid-2012 rMBP from the Apple Refurbished store a couple weeks ago. I'd had good luck with refurbs previously, and didn't think I'd have any issues. As it turns out, the system I received was making a high pitch noise, which I incorrectly thought was a fan. I brought it in to the Genius Bar and upon closer inspection, they determined the logic board needed replacement (a capacitor was going). They've had the rMBP since Feb 13 and are still waiting for a replacement logic board to come in. Of course as we now know, there's likely a recall on that rMBP (as of today), and the replacement logic board Apple is waiting to receive may NOT include the corrections for this recall, thus requiring they keep the laptop even longer... I'm awaiting a callback from Apple regarding a return (which was actually their idea). I'm now a few days past the 14 day return window, but we've only had the laptop in our possession for about half of that time. What is your suggestion in this situation? Do we just wait it out, and let everything be covered under warranty repairs (replacement logic board, and now the recall), or should we return and maybe pick out a 2014 or newer refurb rMBP, if and when they're available? The other option is to return and wait a bit longer and pick up a new rMBP for about $1000 more than we paid for the refurb, but we thought the refurb would be perfect for our needs. Our stock warranty is good until Feb 2016, and we were planning on picking up AppleCare as well, for coverage until Feb 2018. Thank you!