Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hello guys,

I have received new refurbished 2016 tbMBP 15" and apart from little leakage of purple colour in bottom right corner it seemed fine. However, 2 days ago I noticed that when I put the computer to sleep and wake it up later the display is not lit! I can use the machine and it all works fine but for some reason the way I would describe it is that the display works and is on but the backlight light is not ON. Setting brightness to max does nothing and the only way to fix it is to restart the computer.
Now, I wonder - is that a software issue and they will fix it or should I just call Apple Care and ask them to replace the machine as I'm still in 14days return period?

OR is there actually a fix for this?

What do you think?
Thank you very much

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Hello guys,

I have received new refurbished 2016 tbMBP 15" and apart from little leakage of purple colour in bottom right corner it seemed fine. However, 2 days ago I noticed that when I put the computer to sleep and wake it up later the display is not lit! I can use the machine and it all works fine but for some reason the way I would describe it is that the display works and is on but the backlight light is not ON. Setting brightness to max does nothing and the only way to fix it is to restart the computer.
Now, I wonder - is that a software issue and they will fix it or should I just call Apple Care and ask them to replace the machine as I'm still in 14days return period?

What do you think?
Thank you very much

Phone up Apple and see what they say, could be a software fix for you or they'll offer to replace. But they're the best to speak to regarding this matter.

Reactions: Freida

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
Hello guys,

I have received new refurbished 2016 tbMBP 15" and apart from little leakage of purple colour in bottom right corner it seemed fine.

Even that little "leakage" is reason enough for you to return it.
Let alone the rest of your worries.
You shouldn't have to live with this.

Reactions: Freida

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
Hello guys,

What do you think?
Thank you very much

It happens. Just return it and get another one. Done and done.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, I called Apple and ask them to deal with it so I'm waiting for an answer so hopefully all will be ok tomorrow or tuesday. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.