Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stepbill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Aberdeen, North Carolina
I just purchased a 2015 refurbished MacBook pro from Apple along with apple care. Switched over from pc when I upgraded my Samsung NP900 laptop to windows 10, did not like it and during the rollback it deleted my Samsung drivers. I intend to have it reimaged and then sell it. Hate Microsoft. Anyway, is the apple like a pc where I will need to update the software once I get it? What do you recommend that I do initially? Thanks for any advice!

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Just start using it!

Sure, OS X has an update process (done via the App Store), but they are far less frequent than windows updates.

Fire up the App Store when you first start using it and if you want to you can enable auto updates.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I thought you said back in 2007 (Your first post) you hate Microsoft and got an Apple. Now 9 years later (Your second post only) that you hate Microsoft again, and purchased an apple (Again). Confusing :confused:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Anyway, is the apple like a pc where I will need to update the software once I get it?

There may be software updates. They should be setup to run in the background and apply themselves automatically. You don't need to worry about it.

What do you recommend that I do initially? Thanks for any advice!

Actually, in the case of Apple portables, you don't even need to plug it in. The battery will typically have about 40-60% charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.