New Retail Store opening in Canberra, Australia

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Beamerboy, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Beamerboy macrumors newbie

Beamerboy

I took these photos just 18 hours before the official opening of the latest Apple Retail Store in Canberra, Australia (the nation's capital). No lines expected yet.

Attached Files:

2. Jhowland macrumors member

Good to see another Canberran on macrumors. What time are you planning on getting there?

3. Beamerboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Beamerboy

Not getting in line JHowland. Just using it for workshops, and In-store pickups of my new iPhone and iMac once they're available!

4. UpOver macrumors member

Well how about that...

Was planning on posting the same, but turns out I was a bit tardy (nothing new there :rolleyes:). Good work Beamerboy; nice to see some fellow Canberrans here :cool:

For those who don't know / don't live in Canberra, this store is the only official Apple store in town - the others are all resellers. It's in the Canberra Centre, pretty centrally located near Boost Juice and Gelatissimo on the top floor. Official opening announcement is here: http://www.apple.com/au/retail/canberra/

Might try to get there in the arvo, but no firm plans yet. How about you Jhowland?

5. Jhowland, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012

Jhowland macrumors member

Going to get there a little after 9 and if it's a (for want of a better word) debacle I'm going to leave and go back tomorrow.

6. UpOver macrumors member

How'd you go? From what I saw on the web this morning it was bedlam.. I got by about 3.30 in the end - still busy but manageable.

Having been in it looks like a nice store, and all the staff seemed friendly. Should be good to use.

Here are a few snaps (shot from about the same angle, but hey):

Attached Files:

7. Jhowland macrumors member

When we got there around quater to ten we thought there would be no hope of getting in but we where in by quater past!(the t-shirt is too big for me though. Bummer:()When you worked it out there couldn't of been more than 350 people lined up when it actually opened. I look forward to spending many thousands of dollars there over the years:p

8. UpOver macrumors member

You me both! :D

Too bad about the t-shirt but oversize t's will be back in style sooner or later.. Now I've just got to wait for another promotion so I can score one too :rolleyes: