Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauritz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2015
Hi maclovers,

Does anyone know when is coming Retina 27 Display for mac mini users? I would like only by the retina 27 display.

I have at work iMac 27 retina and it so good that i would like to have also same level display at home.

If someone have some rumors :)

Mauritz

westrock2000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
For my 2012 mini, I had to drop the refresh down the 50Hz (PAL) in order to get my 3340x1440 monitor to work. At 60Hz, it got all kinds of crazy.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Hi maclovers,

Does anyone know when is coming Retina 27 Display for mac mini users? I would like only by the retina 27 display.

I have at work iMac 27 retina and it so good that i would like to have also same level display at home.

If someone have some rumors :)

Mauritz

It won't be able to push 5K displays with Thunderbolt 2. Apple was only able to pull of the 5K iMac by some creative engineering since it was all internal connections. The Mini's have the (somewhat) lack luster Iris graphics (not Iris Pro), so they can't handle even 4K @ 60hz.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I could be wrong, but my guess is that Apple has quietly exited the display business, just as they left the printer market some years ago.

As others have mentioned, we will probably have to wait for the NEXT version of the Mini, before we see "full" 4k or retina support...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.