New Retina iMac Came Today - Need Help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by minus.toes, Jan 9, 2015.

1. minus.toes macrumors member

Outside case was mint, which is a new thing here in Japan. Screen looks awesome. There is a tiny bit of bleed in the upper left corner which I can notice when restarting (when the screen is black). But it's nice. No issues.

I have a few little program related quirks which I wanted to see if anyone out there can help me scratch off my list as to if they are normal or not.

Airdrop - Before Yosemite, in the centre of the radar area, you had your icon/photo. Now it just shows the small blue radar screen and says allow me to be discovered by (everyone, contacts, no one) and don't see who you are looking for. This is normal???

Apple Mail - I use a single Gmail IMAP account on here. Shows Mailboxes with inbox, sent, junk and all mail. Then shows the Gmail IMAP with trash, sent mail, important, etc...but it seems the folders are listed from bottom to top, rather than top to bottom. This is normal???

Dropbox - After installing from their website, I have the small icon in the upper toolbar which works, but the Dropbox App in Applications doesn't do anything when I double click it. This is normal?

Thanks. Not life or death issues, but small things I noticed and seem different from what I'm used to.

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Dropbox: Yes, that is normal. Any interaction should be through the Menuling. The application is only for installing and starting Dropbox.

3. minus.toes thread starter macrumors member

Ok, wipe that one off the list. Thanks much!!!