New Retina Macbook Pro - User Interface in FCPX and Logic C

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jello-V, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Jello-V macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently followed the Waiting for - Thread for a couple of months, and finally its here, the new Macbook Pro: 2.3ghz, 16GB RAM, scaled resolution

Everything works just fine, there is only one thing that I would like to check back just to make sure everything is allright:

Logic Pro X: I habe a project loaded, CPU usage and RAM usage is far away from 100%. Its a long project of over 1hr of live recorded footage. When I scroll in the timeline it appears to lag a little bit. only a bit, it feels like it isnt responding 100% smooth... it doesnt decrease performance, only a minimum of a lag while scrollig through the material...

FCPX: When scrolling through the media of an event it appears to be lagging (really only an almost unnoticable bit of lag here)...

What I want to ask: Since this is my first macbook I do not have experience in how those apps work (or should work) on a macbook pro. is it normal? i mean its not really laggy at all. safari is as smooth as can be, even when playing a dozen of videos on youtube while playing an hd-film in fcpx and playing a song in logic... its just this little lag that confuses me. i had the laggy 2013 rmbp so i simply might be a littlebit tooo oversuspicious...

Maybe someone can help...

Greetigs from Berlin,

Christian

2. Jello-V thread starter macrumors newbie

Additionally to my last message I found that rescaling those two applications (FCPX and Logic X) is extremely laggy. (Whilst safari and co are smooth)