New retina MacBook Pro - WiFi connectivity problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by niic, Dec 27, 2013.

1. niic macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I've recently purchased the new Haswell 13" retina MBP to replace my 15" MBP, and I'm having exactly the same WiFi connectivity problems the 2013 Airs had. I have a solid connection for a short time, and at irregular intervals it just drops out (sometimes after five minutes, sometimes after thirty minutes). All of my other devices are still connected and have no problems. I've tried with two different routers/modems, but the problem persists.

Is this a known problem - with hopefully a software fix in the forseeable future, or do I need to return the MacBook?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Nic

2. mbpguy macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I had issues with slow wifi on the new 13"r. I searched forums and found one that said to log in to the router settings and change the wireless channel to 6. I said, what the heck, I cant loose anything. Anyways, did just that, and now its blazing fast. Not sure if it will fix your issue, but try it... Who knows. Nothing to loose here. :)

Good luck!

3. niic thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip!
    Unfortunately I am not in the position to change the WiFi settings everywhere I go.