New Retina MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JoJo Zzang, Oct 16, 2012.

1. JoJo Zzang macrumors member

So after trading in a 2012 cMBP... a 8GB rMBP...

Finally decided to just suck it up and custom order a 16GB rMBP :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

3. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

4. ljx718 macrumors 6502

any IR?

5. Bennytsmithjr macrumors member

Nice

I love mine! Just got it yesterday. We have the exact same build, so let me know how you like yours. Mine has a LG Screen. The only issue i am having is slow internet speeds vs. my old pc laptop. Im getting 25mbs/5msb on my new mbpr vs. pc where i am getting 52mbs/5mbs. let me know if you have the same issue.

6. Shaunyac macrumors regular

Shaunyac

I think that might be just you, I'm getting 74mb/s down and 16mb/s up, seems to be using the full extent of my internet connection!

7. Bennytsmithjr macrumors member

Sweet deal... Ok so i just need to solve that and ill be in good shape.

8. Mac-Tech macrumors regular

Mac-Tech

LG or Samsung screen?

9. jffluis macrumors regular

jffluis

How do you put your shortcuts like that? With side text?
    Can you post you wallpaper link please?

10. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Click on Finder from the Dock and hit ⌘J.

Attached Files:

11. rmbpuser macrumors 6502

12. JoJo Zzang thread starter macrumors member

THANKS /sarcasm

----------

LG. No issues so far. :rolleyes:

13. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Enjoy your computer. Don't buy into that IR BS. Some people have IR which is bad but others are real anal about the **** that disappears after a few seconds or barely even noticeable.

Been there, done that.

14. JoJo Zzang thread starter macrumors member

What IR issue?

15. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

IR = image retention...

?

Yeah returned maxed out 15" rmacbook for refund
    Gonna get the 13" retinamacbook pro (it makes more sense)
    When the 17" retinamacbook PRO comes out I'll get one of those too, just makes perfect sense.

16. JoJo Zzang thread starter macrumors member

How the heck does a 13" rMBP make more sense.... I'd rather have my MBA complimenting my rMBP.

17. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

18. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

If apple goes retina they should go all the way.

All the way with retina is going with the largest screens to the smallest. Yes, great, :apple: pulled it off with 15", retina screen and packed all that power into a thinner/lighter form factor, okay - that afterglow is fading, dying for me... Lets move along quickly and get the 17" MBP all refreshed already. I've never understood 15", when they came out with the 11" air, I thought - woah AWESOME, if only they had retina in that screen, because I would rather have that than a stupid eyefone. You are right retina airs make way more sense. But for MacBook Pro, sorry, I just think of the massive 17" MBP, everything else is just middle of the road and not gonna go the distance for me.

19. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Or right click on the desktop and select Show View options, or something similar

20. JoJo Zzang thread starter macrumors member

Portability. 17" I know has a bit of a soft spot for some. I loved the 17"... however, let me introduce you to my dear friend. His name? External display, for when I need to do a grind session on real work.

21. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

It isn't about adding an external display...

It is interesting everyone keeps suggesting external displays, when I continually state powerful portable, because I have three TB displays on my desk in the studio. I replaced my desktop with the 17" because it was the perfect marriage of power and portability. Seventeen is the absolute max size/weight factor for me. I would be someone who would carry a 27" TB display and my 17" MBP to a cafe to make a statement, rather than the 15" r-mb.

Seventeen inches for a lap top is perfectly enough for me to do everything, so it isn't about connecting an awesome machine to an external display, so I can get my large screen fix, it is about :apple: messed up and they need to refresh the 17" ASAP.

When :apple: first introduced their MacBook Pro line, I always associated their 17" MBP as the ProSumer machine and that the 13" was for the university student and 15" was for road trips. I see it as a downgrade and a huge compromise to go from using large screens to, even, slightly smaller screens. I gave the 15" r-mb a fair try, I worked her, hard - next to my late 2011 maxed out 17"MBP and at the end of 18 tasks, I realized right away that I felt poorly about that :apple: didn't pack in all that punch to the true PRO laptop 17" monster.

22. JoJo Zzang thread starter macrumors member

I don't lug my external display with me... :rolleyes:

However, I need more than 17" for some of my work... And when I go mobile... the 15" is more than acceptable and isn't taxing to keep around and the 13" is inadequate FOR ME for any meaningful mobile work. I keep my MBA around for web browsing and etc. Funny thing is - I seem to do 99.9% of all my emails on my iPhone.

23. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Congrats on the new rMBP!

We just back from our first 2 week trip with our rMBPs. The wife is very happy with hers. And if mammy ain't happy....;)

24. zjazz macrumors 6502

Congrats!
    My RMBP is exactly the same configuration, and interestingly almost the same serial (first 4 and last 4 are exact the same), maybe it has something to do with the specs, I don't really know though. You will love it! :)

25. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

Do NOT search for it, haha. If you don't notice anything with your screen, then you're good. You'll become paranoid if you start reading about it.