iPad mini New Retina Mini

EezyE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
For Christmas my wife bought me a new white retina mini. The screen is flawless and I love it. The biggest surprise to me is how much I like the white. If I had bought it, I would have bought a black one but she thought it would be something different. I'm now contemplating getting a white iPhone when I upgrade.

oVerboost

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
The only bad thing with the White is the black line around the screen... Nothing major but it would drive me mad as once you see it, it's noticeable where as with the black bezel you don't.

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
The biggest surprise to me is how much I like the white. If I had bought it, I would have bought a black one but she thought it would be something different.
I made the mistake you would have made when I purchased the Mini & Air in black:D. I prefer the white because it is much easier for me to find the home button, and I am constantly hitting the wrong end when I hold the iPad horizontally. It is a minor annoyance, but after doing that 10x a day, it is beginning to wear thin.

lina231

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2013
The only bad thing with the White is the black line around the screen... Nothing major but it would drive me mad as once you see it, it's noticeable where as with the black bezel you don't.
Didn't even notice that until now...thanks...haha

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
For Christmas my wife bought me a new white retina mini. The screen is flawless and I love it.
Congrats - awesome present. My kids have white iPads - They seem to like that over the black that I have. Glad you are enjoying it

Davidsr20

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2013
Great choice. iPads should be all white it's apples signature colour. Hate the black even on iPhones. They look android.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I made the mistake you would have made when I purchased the Mini & Air in black:D. I prefer the white because it is much easier for me to find the home button, and I am constantly hitting the wrong end when I hold the iPad horizontally. It is a minor annoyance, but after doing that 10x a day, it is beginning to wear thin.
Ha, you are a runner of lives!:p
I hadn't noticed that at all but tHat at all but you're absolutely right. I still like my black one though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.