New RETINA shipping estimates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zachnelson, Jun 11, 2012.

1. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

WWDC Keynote said ships today... anybody seeing that with their purchase? Especially if you were first to purchase right when the store opened up?

My is saying 5-7 business days to ship.. :eek:

2. WhyJay macrumors member

I'm in a similar situation. The only reason I stopped myself from completing the order was because of the timeframe that was listed. I'm thinking that stores SHOULD get a shipment tomorrow, if not the next day, so there's no point in placing the order right now for me (I'm not getting any upgrades, so I can just get in, pay, and get out).

3. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guy I talked to at my store (was returning 13-inch MBA to get gift card) said he has heard nothing about a shipment (and this was after the keynote was over).

4. thalff macrumors newbie

Keeping fingers crossed that it says 5-7 days as a default but actual shipping will happen today!

5. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

5-7 days here too, Hong Kong store. Mine is a custom build(so it's not that surprising) but even the regular Retina Pros without any custom upgrades are showing as 5-7 days too. They usually show 'in stock' if it's announced as shipping today right?

6. WhyJay macrumors member

I called a few different stores nearby and they've told me different things. The consensus was that they may get it shipped tonight for tomorrow morning/afternoon's shipments.

The quickest you'd get it from online, if they shipped it tonight, would be two days from now (assuming 2-3 days, $15 expedited shipping). I figured if they get backed up with online orders, my best bet of getting it ASAP would be to keep calling the stores every morning/afternoon to see if they received any shipments of the new models. I also assume that if they can get it shipped out for online customers, they can get it shipped out for their brick and mortar customers.

Plus, I'm only 10-15 minutes away (6-7 minutes if they do have them in stock lol) from my closest store at a "smaller" mall; about 20 minutes from a bigger branch at a major mall, which I assume would be prioritized if there were delays.

7. PoleMan14 macrumors newbie

Yikes...up to 2-3 weeks for shipping now. I can see the scalper lines forming now...