New reviewer please help-Review: Griffin Clarifi Case for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 007bond, Jul 7, 2009.

1. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

hey guys just a quick review for you. btw please tell me how good my review is and how to improve. im trying to improve so any help is appreciated. YouTube review coming soon

You all know that the new iPhone 3GS has a macro lens that is great for taking close-up photos of business cards, but what if you can't upgrade unless you pay $500 and you need a macro lens? Well, thats where the Griffin Clarifi case comes in. First, lets talk about the aesthetics. This iPhone case is not the best looking case I have ever seen, but definitely not the worst. It has a great back part that looks and feels just like the back of an iPhone 3G, but if you are OCD then you will hate the scratches that show up after only basic use. This is a major flaw that hopefully Griffin will fix in the future. Other than that, there isn't much else to complain about. The Clarifi lens looks great and i think that if you are taking pictures of text, you wont be disappointed with the quality. Using the lens at long distances does deteriorate quality very much, but the macro lens easily slides on and off so that you can switch between long and short distances on the fly. I have had 2 other Griffin cases, and i can say that this is the best case they have to offer so far. It is a great blend of functionality and style that most users will love.

Pros: Great macro lens, back part feels just like the iPhone 3G back, nice black design.
    Cons: Horrible camera quality with lens at far distances, Back gets scratched easily.

Now for some Pics:

Attached Files:

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

not bad
    talk more about coverage and protection though

3. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

I am always interested in what the phone looks like when looking at the screen with a case on (which I am surprised that many people don't show in case reivews).

4. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

"Horrible camera quality with lens at far distances"

The case's lens is only for close ups. For far distances you're supposed to move it so the camera lens is naked.

5. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Well, you really demonstrate what you said, that the back gets scratched easily in that photo. How long did you have it on, and how much scraping on a table, for example, took place?

6. V4705 macrumors 6502

+1

its always good to see the case from the inside, if there is any separation from the phone or it can scratch the back of the phone, if there is any shock absorbing and such...

and personally i think long text its easier to read with separate lines than the whole text on one long line.

7. threezero macrumors 6502

careful with this case.

the macro lens made a DEEP scratch ont eh back of my iphone

8. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

As great a case as it is, it's somehow managed to scratch the back of my phone on the lower part, not where the macro lens is but where the two parts of the case join.

No idea how, but there we go.

9. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

+1.

10. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

Same with mine here on my 3G, somewhere around the macro lens area scratched up the back of my phone. Didn't realize til I took it off to put onto my new 3GS....luckily I saw it before ruining a new phone.

11. MemoryMapped macrumors newbie

I was under the impression that the Clarifi was less useful since the 3.0 software update for the iphone added autofocus to the camera and what not.

Does this case still help with close up shots?

12. threezero macrumors 6502

autofocus is added to the 3gs nothing else.

so if you have a 3g with 3.0 will not have autofocus in that case the clarifi will still help.

to a degree that is until the cheap macro lens gets scratch up and dirty.
    and of course you have to put up with the case eventually scratching the phone

13. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

whoa thanks for all the replies. i am going to try to improve it and write another one on a different case.

14. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

one day of use with the phone mostly in my pocket and also on a table. i guess if u put some sort of clear protector on it like a screen protector it wont get scratched up