New ringtones/notification sounds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DataEast, Oct 2, 2011.

1. DataEast macrumors member

A lot of my friends have iPhones so whenever someone gets a text everyone gets confused since they have the default notification sound and the others are too lame to switch to. So, will the new iPhone have a different set of notification sounds? Is that one of the changes that would be implemented in iOS 5? Are there programs/aps that allow you to have a custom notification sound like an Android?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes, in iOS 5 you will have the option for Custom Text Tones, with the option to Buy More Tones from the Tone Store.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. musika macrumors 65816

musika

Also in iOS 5 you can use ringtones as text tones. Meaning you can make your own text tones in something like, say, garagband or some other app. It's swell...

4. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Wow, just unreal it is taking the 5th generation iPhone to get these most basic of options, that should have been there years ago.

Android FTW

5. musika macrumors 65816

musika

We were too busy REINVENTING THE PHONE, stupid fandroid :p

I'm only kidding ;) Yes, I agree with you, we should've had this feature, but hey, whatever. Still love iOS, even with it's little faults. Android has its misses, too.

6. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I like Android, but am open minded to the iPhone5, if the screen is at least 4", and they add Widgets to the stock OS, I will jump on it. Really hoping it is the 4.3" screen that LG is said to have shown off to Steve Jobs in the Spring, or maybe that will be on the iPhone6 ?

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yes we should have had this from the first iPhone but I don't care I just want iOS 5 asap! :apple:

8. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

My Palm Treo could do custom text tones 5 years ago (and my Sanyo flip could do it years before that). Don't act like Android invented this particular trick.