new rMB strange turn off??

rip-the-jacker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
hey guys,

got my new rMB yesterday and loving it, the issue that has just appeared 20mins ago is..

when i cover the keyboard with my hand, the screen turns off and i need to punch a key or the trackpad to awake again? WTF?

is there a setting I'm missing or something...?

RTJ

rixard

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Sweden
I don't know if the Apple Watch is magnetic - but try and remove the watch and move your hands close to the keyboard again.

Does it still go to sleep?

rip-the-jacker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
ahh, im so thick`!! of course, the magnet in the milanese loop. duH.

will that f my computer up, why does it do that??

RTJ

Suspended
Mar 15, 2013
Ah, it won't damage your computer, it's similar to the magnet in the lid, when you close it, it puts the machine to sleep, so when the band's close to the area where the other magnet/sensor is, the machine thinks you're closing the lid.

rip-the-jacker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Ah, it won't damage your computer, it's similar to the magnet in the lid, when you close it, it puts the machine to sleep, so when the band's close to the area where the other magnet/sensor is, the machine thinks you're closing the lid.
that would explain why today i gave my grandad a look at the rMB and as i was lifting the lid and hovered my hands in the region of the lid, it wouldnt come out of sleep at all till i moved my hand away, which end strange cause it usually boots on rapid style!!

RTJ

joscejrod

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2015
Please, could you take a little video with the facetime camera of 2nd gen macbook and/or review it? It's the weakest point for many people, so your point of view could help a lot! Thank you!!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
that would explain why today i gave my grandad a look at the rMB and as i was lifting the lid and hovered my hands in the region of the lid, it wouldnt come out of sleep at all till i moved my hand away, which end strange cause it usually boots on rapid style!!

RTJ
On a side note, the Apple Stores already have the new models in stock? Which configuration did you get?

rip-the-jacker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
On a side note, the Apple Stores already have the new models in stock? Which configuration did you get?
hey,

no man, i needed to purchase through a retailer not apple so i could use a store card. and the won't stock for a while so i thought, `'F IT" this first gen is more than i need power wise and so far enjoying the experience.

RTJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.