New rMBP 13" 2013 pop noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kushp14, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Kushp14 macrumors regular

Hello,
    Anyone having issues with a pop/creak noise when pressing down on the rear middle bottom?
    thanks

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I wasn't aware you're supposed to press down on the middle of the bottom of the laptop. Anyhow, I'd take it into a Genius Bar if you're worried.

3. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

There are two clips in the center that keep the bottom panel attached to the unibody, it is possible that one or both is not securely seated

4. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

@ the OP...

Yup...One of the units I returned a few weeks ago which was actually a 2012 rMBP 13 inch variant had that issue. The sides also creaked like crazy as well.

I ended up returning that unit and finally got a good one with no creaking or moving parts. It looks like some of the build quality issues that were present on the 2012 units are still making their way into the early 2013 units.

If it bothers you take it back and exchange it for another one, these machines are not cheap and you should get what you paid for...Which is a well built machine that was put together correctly...but thats just my 2 cents.

Good luck :)

5. Kushp14 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, I exchanged it today and no more noise.

6. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

Thats great! See just takes a little patience, and with a little luck you get a pop free machine...lol

Enjoy!!!