New rMBP 15'' owner here

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JWorld127, Jan 12, 2013.

1. JWorld127, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Hey guys been lurking around this site for quite sometime. I have never owned a Apple computer always been a PC guy. I have however owned every iphone and ipad to date so i'm not totally unfamiliar with the quality of Apple products.

After my Sony Vaio desktop took a dump on me (5 years of service) I decided to go look at the new iMacs to replace it. After much debate I ended up pulling the trigger on a Mac Book Pro Retina 15'' basic model. All i gotta say is this machine far exceeded all expectations I had as far as the OS and quality build and IMO an amazing engineering feat by Apple.

I purchased it in on New Years and unfortunately i had to return the first one due to half of the screen having the retention issue but i got lucky and my 2nd one is pretty much perfect (even tho it has LG screen).

Anyone second guessing about getting one of these...pull the trigger no other laptop comes even close to this thing. Yes it is a bit pricey but then again great products cost more money.

BTW I put on a Speck Satin case on it and i'm pretty satisfied with the shell so far.....almost feels like an apple case. No complaints on it 9.5/10.

Cheers!

2. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I just purchased a rMBP 15" and I am also very satisfied with the laptop. I however have a Samsung screen. Prior to the rMBP I was using a 13" 2010. Big difference in performance and how crisp things are seen.

3. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Glad you're enjoying your computer.

Just another thought, not all LG's suffer from image retention or huge image retention so don't be OCD about it. I've had mine since September and has been working like a charm. Just wanted you to know so you can fully enjoy your machine :)

4. linnm macrumors newbie

I also purchased one around new year, but having few disappointments... (none concerning the display, it's truly beautiful and sharp)

I don't know if it's an accurate reflection of rMBP 15" performance, but for example, when I open a movie (.avi) on VLC it takes extremely long to load and play the file. Before getting this rMBP I was using MBP 13" 2009 version, and though its general performance is of coarse slower, tasks like importing .avi files into VLC playlist, playing games, etc is weirdly faster than the rMBP.

I don't know if it's just mine or if I just expected too much when changing from '09 version to rMBP. anyone??

5. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Hey Jworld...Bro. It's your long lost Brother Jeff. Didn't mom tell you about me? She left me in the parking lot at Kmart 25 years ago. Anyway, I'm back. Now about that computer......

6. Ztormie macrumors regular

Not owning one myself I would assume that if Apples 2012 flagship laptop is being outperformed by an 09'er, then yeah, something is probably wrong with it. :eek:

7. JWorld127 thread starter macrumors 6502

JWorld127

if you can produce a picture of us then u gon get hooked up.