New rMBP 2013 (13") Problems - crashing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MyAppleWorld, Jan 13, 2014.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Hello
    I have had my macbook since the end of november and to begin with i couldn't use it very much because I was busy with work.

i have now started using it a lot over the last 2 weeks and something doesn't seem right.

First i created a windows 8 virtual machine in vmware fusion and a few days later the machine was in my library but the files on the hard drive had disappeared! I have no recollection of deleting the files and the missing link in fusion makes me suspicious.

Then the other day I was just installing some apps from the app store and suddenly the macbook switched off and said something like "
    your computer restarted because of a problem" mac equivalent of BSOD.

Last night i was using the machine and iPhoto crashed accessing iCloud.

This morning i have switched on the machine and it said something like your computer was restarted because of a problem (popup error)
    I have also noticed that when i browse the local hard drive sometimes there are delays opening folders in finder - Like i'm waiting for the drive to spin up - but this is an SSD!

Going to phone applecare later and see what they say but not very pleased.

2. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

Putting windows on it must have upset it :eek:

I also had an odd one on my 2013 rMBP it wiped all my saved files in traktor & all my playlists, I now have to create all my playlists again :(

3. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Sounds like you have a lemon.

With disappearing files it would suggest that your SSD is faulty.

4. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Apple are very kindly swapping the macbook since I tried a format/reinstall and the issues still persist. Long delays browsing the HDD !

They wanted to setup a repair at Genius bar but I pointed out that we're only 7 days past the holiday return policy so they are doing a swap.

I get the new Macbook friday hopefully :)

5. richard371 macrumors 68000

VMware fusion 6.0.2 can cause kernel panics. I had it crash once on my late 2013 13" rMBP and the late 2013 15" also. Only happened once on each machine. I googled and saw someone else also had this issue. If you look att he panic log it should refer to Fusion as the culprit.