New rMBP buzzing sound in right speaker

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erd, Dec 13, 2013.

1. erd macrumors newbie

When the speakers are at any volume, including muted, the right one will make buzzing noises when the SSD is actively doing something. This sounds like interference to me and it's pretty annoying in a quiet room. This seems like a manufacturing issues to me and doing any kind of reset hasn't helped. On a potentially related note, this rMBP (15" maxed out) seems to be having some pretty bad heat issues and is hot to the touch when there isn't much utilization.

Do you suggest I get this replaced? It would suck to see it go considering my screen looks pretty damn good with no noticeable defects.

2. yangchewren macrumors regular

I think you should get a replacement. There is little you can do to fix an internal hardware fault.

I had this kind of interference before on my PC, and the only solution was to replace the motherboard.

PS. It would be fun to perform a small test to see the degree of the problem. Could you plug in external speakers/earphones to see if the interference is present on the output jack?

3. erd thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that earlier and I get no interference over headphones while the speaker still buzzes. Is the ssd underneath the right speaker by any chance? I'm reconsidering my purchase of a maxed out Mac if this is an issue