New RMBP coming?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by martin.mts, May 30, 2014.

1. martin.mts macrumors newbie

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

We may see a spec bump at WWDC. It is not a sure thing.

[​IMG]

If we follow the cycle we should be getting an update this June. WWDC is on the 2nd of june which is a bit sooner than 2012's Keynote (12th of June). So this may be why we'd get a refresh a bit sooner in to the month than usual. If one were to occur.

3. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

I think it is a mistake to over-interpret Amazon's pricing move. They surely have no special knowledge of Apple's plans. Most likely they have a bit of extra stock, and they themselves fear/anticipate a refresh and so are trying to shift some stock ahead of WWDC. If there is no refresh they can just put the price back up and they have lost very little.

4. Freyqq macrumors 68040

it would not make sense based on intel's schedule. no big update is possible until broadwell comes out.

5. FrozenDarkness macrumors 65816

probs minor spec bump akin to macbook air

the real question is when apple is bringing touchid to the macs

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Spec bump at most, but I'm still a doubting Thomas insofar as not expecting anything

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Well, seeing as I just bought one a few weeks ago I can assure you that they WILL update something.:D

But, I really don't care. I'm not one to get tied up in that stuff. I wanted a MacBook Pro and I bought one. And that's that.

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Minor spec bump at best, and not on Monday.

I do not expect anything new to happen with the rMBP other than following the Intel roadmap for upgrades.

9. raptor402 macrumors 6502

I don't think that there will be an update for a while. The only three 28W dual core processors with Iris 5100 Graphics are already available in the 13" rMBP. The 15" can get a bump but only for the lower 2 processors (from 2.0GHz and 2.3GHz to 2.1GHz and 2.4GHz) since the top (upgraded processor) is already in use (2.6GHz).

Raptor

10. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Except that spec bumps replace the prior models just as the initial jump to Haswell (and Ivy Bridge before it) did.

----------

They're using the 5200 in the rMBP, not the 5100...

11. Freyqq macrumors 68040

as I said, no BIG updates anticipated. A 0.1 ghx boost is a minor affair. An upgrade to 850M mid-refresh like this would be unprecedented.