New rMBP few issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macmanpac, Apr 9, 2014.

1. macmanpac macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, just purchased my retina macbook pro 15". I have had previously had a 15" macbook pro and still own late 2012 13".

I am having a few issues with my retinamacbook and was wondering if you guys could explain what the issues are:

1) For some reason the screen looks more orangey than my regular MBP's. I have installed photoshop etc and have also selected the Apple RGB colour profile on both my retina and my normal MBP however, the regular MBP seems a lot more 'icey blue' ish and more 'white'. its not the brightness because i have checked that.

2) I am a website developer and for some reason my website do not display right on the new retina model. I have checked this with windows pc's even 4k display screens eta and every system seems to load the website images correctly.

for example. If i go to www.raulondon.com, the images are not crisp or sharp at all and on my regular MBP's and all windows PC's they are very crisp and sharp however on my retina they seem to be 'fuzzy' 'pixelated' but you can't see the pixels more 'fluffy' lol. However, when you click on the 'shop' section the product images are the same size as the product images on the home page, and they all load and display correctly on my retina. SO i don't see why the retina has some sort of issue with the home page?

Can you guys shed some light on the situation?

Apart from all of that, i really love it. Its nice, snappy and lightweight!

Thanks Guys!

2. tmoerel macrumors 6502

1) the Apple RGB profile is not meant for your screen. What would be best is to calibrate your screen using a hardware screen calibrator. Especially as you are a web designer I would consider investing in one. Once you then calibrate both machines they will look pretty much identical!

2) that is because the images get scaled to match your HiDPI mode. You can avoid this in your own website. Have a search on google about web site retina and you will find solutions. Apple's website for example uses this and looks very sharp!

3. macmanpac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!
    1) Resolved

2) Resolved.

I have one least question hopefully.
    I also use photoshop CS6 and i believe there is a photoshop update out, but for some reason i cannto find the retina update?

Thank You

4. tmoerel macrumors 6502

Latest version is the retina version