New rMBP getting warm?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hannan8v8, Oct 10, 2014.

1. hannan8v8, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

hannan8v8 macrumors newbie

I just got a new 2014 rmbp 13 inch yesterday. I charged it yesterday and everything was fine. Today the macbook got a little warm (not hot) while charging and even the magsafe adapter. Is this normal for MacBooks?

The only thing I've used it for is normal browsing, utorrent, and mail

this is what the iSTAT Pro widget says:

Right side fan at 1300 rpm

Temps:

Ambient 33 degrees
    Enclosure Base 29
    Enclosure Base 2 27
    Enclosure Base 3 26
    Heatsink B 32
    Mem Bank A1 34

Are these normal temps? what is the normal temperature for MacBooks?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

The body is aluminum. Aluminum conducts heat better than plastic, which means that for any given internal temperature, an aluminum laptop will feel hotter to the touch than a plastic one.

What you're experiencing is 100% normal. Use your machine, a computer is a tool, not something to fret over.

3. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

The person was just asking some simple questions they obviously had some concerns about, no need for the whole "a computer is a tool, not something to fret over" garbage. I see you posted that exact same sentence in another thread:rolleyes:

4. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

I have nothing to worry about. Gets even warmer just using the system and it I download the OS X, it gets way warmer...system will shut down if it gets too hot. Don't worry about it as the poster below you said.

Attached Files:

5. snaky69, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014

snaky69 macrumors 603

And I see you posted something that was quite relevant to the thread and would help the OP alleviate his/her concern... oh wait.

I stated, and stand by my statement that what the OP is experiencing is 100% normal. And I also stand by the fact that having the laptop enclosed in a metal chassis will make it feel warmer to the touch for any given internal temperature when compared to a plastic bodied laptop.

A computer IS a tool, unless you can prove me otherwise. When I want to make a hole in something, I use a drill. When I need to browse the internet, I use either my phone or a computer. So long as the tool operates as it should, with no hiccups or weird behaviour, then I don't see the point in worrying it about it.

Further reading:

1 tool noun \ˈtül\
    1: a handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task
    2a : something (as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession <a scholar's books are his tools>

EDIT: OP, just saw your temps in your first post and they are quite cool for a laptop actually. These puppies will reach in the upper 90's and lower 100's when really pushed to their limits.