New rMBP Pricing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DaveyDave, Jun 22, 2013.

1. DaveyDave macrumors newbie

Hi Guys. Been reading this forum with interest. Basically, I've been wanting to buy a top spec rMBP mainly because all my windows machines are driving me up the wall.

So now I hear that Apple are likely to bring out the Haswell rMBP sometime (maybe in the Autumn, maybe later, or much later) and so I'm wondering what to do. How do you think Apple will price the Haswell versions?. Will they price them at a higher price than the existing rMBPs or will they make them the same (or less) at which point the old rMBPs will be immediately depreciated.

Whatever I buy I'd probably never sell it, but I guess I'd be a bit pi$$ed if the pricing was similar. Don't Apple realise that this uncertainty is destructive for their sells?

Regards,
    Dave

2. ssmK macrumors newbie

That's not the way it works with Apple products. Having the cMBP and rMBP available at the same time was probably a one-time thing. They are possibly trying to phase out the cMBP in favor of the rMBP. While it's true that there are things up in the air regarding specs/date of Haswell rMBP, I can say with near certainty that Haswell rMBP and Ivy Bridge rMBP will not be available concurrently, the latter will be supplanted by the former.

3. DaveyDave thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, so what you are saying is that Apple will price the Haswell rMBP at the prices of the current rMBP. Presumably in the meantime Apple will refuse to down price the current rMBP even though it will be obsolete in a couple of months, which will result nobody buying any rMBPs? Not too clever, I would suggest.

4. Robster3, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

Robster3 macrumors 68000

Wait till the new one is out you will be ale to get it from Apple in Nigeria much cheaper;)

Seriously though you won't see a price drop on new ones. I have bought 2 this year with 10% off so there is sales around.

what happens in countries ie Australia where our dollar is dropping against the US, gone from 1.05 to low 90"s.

Will Apple put prices up?

5. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

There may be some reductions, especially through resellers, close to the release of the new models.

Remaining stock, of which there won't be much, will be sold off in the refurb store.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

No, I believe you misread the person you are quoting.

Apple does not offer 2 generations of the same computer for sale in their web store or retail stores. Ever.

When the Haswell rMBP's will come out, you will only be able to buy the Ivy Bridge models at other retailers such as Best Buy or through the refurbished store.

Apple rarely changes it's pricing scheme, the prices you are seeing for the rMBP are likely to remain exactly the same, albeit for the newer models, with perhaps a very slight lowering if Apple has been able to reduce production costs.

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Apple generally doesn't drop prices on machines over their sales period. If you want to buy a machine that's soon to be updated, the best way to get a good deal is to buy an Apple Certified Refurbished unit or to check a reseller like MacMall.

Here's a refurbished 15" retina 2.7ghz/16gb/768gb model for $2619: http://store.apple.com/us/product/G...-27ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display

It's a 2012 model but those are almost identical to the early 2013 models. Apple Certified Refurbished computers are basically like-new and have the same return period and warranty as a new machine.

8. muyaad, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

muyaad macrumors member

New rMBP Pricing

How much is new MBA 256 GB in Nigeria?