Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

md221767

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2014
Apple sent me a replacement rMBP due to my old one breaking, but this new one has a few things wrong with it that I've noticed:

-On the bottom casing there is a tiny dent/dimple about 1/2 - 1mm in diameter
-On the screen in the upper left corner there is a line about one inch long running from side to side of the corner. The best way I can describe it is that it looks like someone put a giant piece of firm plastic on top of the entire screen and that one of the corners got bent back and then was reattached

Both of these issues are so minor that I don't care that they're there, but should I be concerned for warranty purposes? I emailed the rep noting the issues, but do you think I will face issues with repairs in the future?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I've only had the rMBP for 2 days if that is relevant!

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
No I don't think it will be a problem. Those issues sound way too minor to pose any real problems down the line. .5 millimeters? Come on man the Genius would have to have 20/20 iSight to see that! :apple::)

md221767

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2014
No I don't think it will be a problem. Those issues sound way too minor to pose any real problems down the line. .5 millimeters? Come on man the Genius would have to have 20/20 iSight to see that! :apple::)

Sorry I meant cm but not that much of a difference lol. I had heard that repair centers are required to use a tool to spot any dents or damage and I only live near authorized repair centers so I just want to be sure they won't refuse me warranty service over it

Barney63

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Bolton, UK.
If it is meant to be new I would return it, it shouldn't have faults and if there is a dent in it they may say something is due to accidental damage.
the Genius would have to have 20/20 iSight to see that!
I think they have, they managed to read the serial number on the back of my iPhone 5 with their bare eyes. lol

Barney

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
If it is meant to be new I would return it, it shouldn't have faults and if there is a dent in it they may say something is due to accidental damage.

I think they have, they managed to read the serial number on the back of my iPhone 5 with their bare eyes. lol

Barney

I agree.... even if you intend to keep it I would inform Apple that it arrived with this dent. Otherwise if you have an issue further down the line, they may refuse to repair/replace stating that the dent was caused by you, and therefore accidental damage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.