new rMBP speaker popping

ggabriele3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
I just received my rMBP. 2.3/16GB/256MB/mountain lion, updated.

The speakers are letting out an occasional pop when any audio is played. I tried web video, audio in itunes, audio in quicktime, video in quicktime, and audio in VLC. multiple different tracks and videos. all the same - occasional speaker pop.

i'm not sure if it's a specific audio frequency that's causing it, or if it's a speaker problem, or if it's a bit of lag, or what.

has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: oddly enough, as i was typing this post, I noticed that there was some lag behind my typing and what was being displayed on the screen. I restarted, and now typing is responsive and the speaker pop appears to be gone. could this be failing hardware?

Last edited:

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
I just received my rMBP. 2.3/16GB/256MB/mountain lion, updated.

The speakers are letting out an occasional pop when any audio is played. I tried web video, audio in itunes, audio in quicktime, video in quicktime, and audio in VLC. multiple different tracks and videos. all the same - occasional speaker pop.

i'm not sure if it's a specific audio frequency that's causing it, or if it's a speaker problem, or if it's a bit of lag, or what.

has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: oddly enough, as i was typing this post, I noticed that there was some lag behind my typing and what was being displayed on the screen. I restarted, and now typing is responsive and the speaker pop appears to be gone. could this be failing hardware?
when did u order it

Textureboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
woul u have gotton it? or do u tink its worth the extra?
I ordered mine and yes I got the 2.6ghz :) For an extra $100 I think its a deal! People say 0.3ghz won't make much of a difference but hey its something. I wanted to get the base line with 16GB of Ram with the 2.6ghz processor, but I decided that I needed the space so I went with the high end.

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
I have a maxed out retina and i have this sound issue... also typing lag shows up every now and then.