New rMBP :) time for accesories!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WhiteIphone5, Mar 5, 2013.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Hey guys just bought my new 15" rMBp. Can anyone recommed a good case for it? Not those that can scratch it over time. Also any good body shields?

2. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

the video shows how scratch resistant is the case. i meant that im looking for a case that doesnt scratch the macbook itself. For example a while ago when i got a MBA, i put on a case on it, 3 months later there were tiny scratches on the lid.

3. Ploki macrumors 68000

I don't think there is one. I just have a nice clean Booq Mamba case and when I open it on uneven surfaces I just leave it on the sleeve.

I mean, I've been in the same boat and just decided to go for a nice sleeve instead. Paid plenty for it too, not the cheapest sleeve. Fits rMBP nicely, and is nice neutral color..

The inner is lined with nice microfibre, I dust it once every month and so far no scratches.

4. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LBSB1K/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thats what I got. I've been through many cases. This is the only case that hasn't broken on me. However, the glossy versions have gotten scratches on the case itself. No scratches on the actual rMBP for me. I've actually never had my rMBP scratched by any case. The one I linked you also come in a variety and it is also affordable.

5. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I'm sorry. Misunderstood what you asked.

6. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

I use a Zagg shield on mine. It came down to that versus a Wrapsol but I prefer the tacky finish on the InvisibleShield because it gives me increased grip on the machine (not dropping the machine will is the best preventative measure!)

I also use the 2nd generation Thule Gauntlet semi-rigid case. The zipper can be a bit of a pain but the protection is fantastic.

7. huskernation macrumors newbie

I just got the same case for my 15 rMBP and am very happy with it. It is not the hard plastic type (which I don't like) but more of a rubber coating. I went with the semi clear.

8. zipur macrumors 6502

Nice case

This case has memory foam exterior, very snug fit, great zippers and you don't have to take the MBP our of the case while typing. Plus many options and colors you can order. Its a great case so keep this to yourself.

LINK
    [​IMG]

9. mykem macrumors regular

hard graft flatpack for the 15" MBP (and rMBP). It's not cheap but I think it's worth the asking price:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

11. Serban Suspended

I use BookBook for macbook and for ipad...from TwelveSouth