New Rogers Plan for the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newConvert, Jun 16, 2009.

1. newConvert macrumors regular

My buddy just signed up for this, and I confirmed it w/ a rep, should be available come the 19th.

3gigs data
    unlimited text/mms
    visual voice mail
    $30

I'm going to put that with a $25-30 and then it shouldn't be much more than the plan I have w/ bell right now (which is about $50)

whoo.

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

basically taking the $35 value pack, increasing the data and dropping $5. Not bad at all. The only downside is the 3-year contract you have to take with it.

edit: doesn't include caller ID though... so there's the $5 back

3. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Awesome. Does anyone have any updates/know if Fido is going to be changing their plans as well?:)

4. newConvert thread starter macrumors regular

not sure, but if they do, i'm going there, cause their evenings start 2hrs earlier.

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

That's not bad at all actually. And especially since I'm an employee (Rogers Plus, not Wireless) I still get half off on the plans. So if I go with this method, its $25 for voice, $35 for text, MMS, call display, VVM. After service charge, taxes, and discount, that comes out to...around $38 a month. That's $8 cheaper than what I was originally planning to do...

$25 Voice
    $30 6GB Data
    $20 Unlimited text/MMS, Call display, Visual VM

After the service charge, tax and discount, this comes to around $46...

So basically I have to decide whether $8 a month is worth doubling my data...which I am not sure if I'm going to use 6GB. But then again...with tethering and all, that extra "lee-way" with data sure sounds nice.

Any suggestions?

6. newConvert thread starter macrumors regular

for $8 I probably would... although I dont plan on tethering myself, so not sure how usefull all that data would be.. 3gigs should be plenty from what I have read.

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...

Quick question, was your friend able to get that plan in the store? Or is that only by phone? That kinda makes a difference for me, since I want to do the activation and all in my store on Friday.

8. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

So the plan won't include caller ID or did you just miss it? Thats frustrating if they dropped it off the package.

9. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

I'm on Fido, Rogers' discount brand. This afternoon I got an official text message from Fido announcing their tethering plan. "NEW tethering feature available with iPhone software upgrade. Data add on of 1GB or more needed to tether. Visit fido.ca/tethering for more info."

10. Ill Mitch macrumors member

Ill Mitch

I'm still not sure on what plan to get.

For those of you that are currently doing a lot of mobile browsing and email etc, how much data are you using per month?

11. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I've had the 6GB plan since September on the 3G... I've never gone over 500mb a month.. however I suspect with tethering i may push over that easily....

12. newConvert thread starter macrumors regular

Honestly, not too sure... I just chatted with him VERY briefly on msn... I'm not sure if he missed caller ID or not either, probably just missed it, seems like something that'd b easily not mentioned.

13. Corvillus macrumors member

I've gone over 1GB in a month using tethering, so it's definitely possible. That said, if you're not out to download movies or stream YouTube all the time, the 6GB should last long enough even with tethering. Even the 3GB should do the job.

14. Cheezewhiz macrumors member

Has this been confirmed by anyone else? I would love this plan.

15. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

Can those who already have a plan sign up for this ?or is it for just new ppl

16. DarkJaye macrumors member

Really really curious if this plan exists. Over on howard forums someone called a rep and they were clueless, I would switch to this in a heartbeat if it exists.

17. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Guess we'll just have to wait until the 19th. Things will clear up then when the announcement is official.

18. Cheezewhiz macrumors member

19. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

I'm confused. I'm on Fido, and I have the $60 iPhone plan. Which is 500MB, unlimited texts, visual voicemail. Why is this half as much for more?

20. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Your iPhone plan includes minutes. (more of a package) This $30 plan is more of a value pack. You place it on top of any regular minute plan. Currently rogers offers a $35 value plan which has 500mb of data, voicemail caller id, etc. This would replace that. Just keep in mind minutes are required on top of this. Which starts at $25 a month. So 25+30+6.95= $61.95

21. slicecom macrumors 68020

Wow this is sweet! I can add unlimited txt and mms to my current plan and only lose 3GB of data (I've never even come close to using 1GB, nevermind 6GB) and save $15 a month over my current plan!

22. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I wasn't able to find the plan your friend gave online but I did find a new Value Pack. Call Display/VVM/unlimited texts/ 500 MB. $35.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/w...als?content10=30_Data_Value_Pack_iPhone#start

If I downgrade to 500 MB, I would actually pay $10 less. Plus maybe then they could get rid of my $6.95..... that would be good, like $20 total but if not, $10 is still great!! But 3GB would have been perfect. I would accept 1GB. 500 MB is a bit low. They know the exact buttons to push, don't they?

23. slicecom macrumors 68020

Apparently this won't be available until tomorrow. I'll wait and see.

24. slicecom macrumors 68020

Guess this was a lie. Why do people make stuff up?

25. starstudded macrumors newbie

This is a lie..Think about it people. 3GB on top of all those extra essentials for $30. Why would Rogers have a plan like this when there is the $60 iphone plan which includes only 500mb? It wouldn't be fair at all or even comparable to the $60 plan.