New router needed- Should I go for airport extreme?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by madamelulu, May 10, 2015.

1. madamelulu macrumors member

Hi. My old router which is now unsupported by Dlink pooped out on me today. I'm looking for a new router that I can use a WOL command to access teamviewer remotely. I live alone in a small apartment in NYC, so it doesn't have to be all that powerful. However, I don't want it to be super complex to set up WOL. Can anyone recommend a moderately priced router that requires intermediate knowledge (at a maximum) to set up WOL. Alternatively, should I just shell out the money and get an airport extreme or is this overkill? If I do get the airport extreme, is it fairly seamless to set up WOL for teamviewer (I've seen some threads where the OP has had difficulty)?

Not sure if any of this matters but here are some specs
    Using MBP (mid 2009)
    Current Modem: Zoom Cable Modem Series 1094

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

It is relatively easy to setup anything on an AirPort. Keep in mind that ASUS and Netgear's high end routers often benchmark higher but lack the simplicity and overall reliability of the AirPort if you were considering those. Also, check out the Apple Refurbished online store to score a sweet discount on the AirPort Extreme here.