Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirby1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
About a month ago i've lost my wireless connection and decided to get a new router. I had an old Linksys router, but it wasnt compatible with Mac but somehow worked in the beginning. Would a new router thats compatible with a Mac help me regain my wireless internet connection?

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
About a month ago i've lost my wireless connection and decided to get a new router. I had an old Linksys router, but it wasnt compatible with Mac but somehow worked in the beginning. Would a new router thats compatible with a Mac help me regain my wireless internet connection?

Airport Extreme would be my preference

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005

How exactly is the old router not compatible with a Mac? I have never heard or seen such a thing.

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
Ya, any router works with a mac. Just could be a configuration issue either on the mac or the router.

socrates35

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
Router

The linksys router should work with your mac just fine. I would suggest going on the linksys website and download and print out the setup guide. Then connect your mac directly to the router and use a web brower and log into the router and setup the configuration for max protection and everything else. Its really easy and also I would suggest update the firmware. Usually the firmware will resolve most problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.