New RPG for the iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ShockCoding, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ShockCoding macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

My team and I are working diligently on an old school Gameboy themed RPG for the iPhone. The game engine is almost complete, aside from minor details that we still haven't decided upon. That's where you come in - what do you want to see in the next major RPG development for the iPhone?

I'm trying to incorporate the best aspects of great RPGs like Pokemon, Dragon Quest, and Runescape (along with some really cool new ideas) into a fun, unique gaming experience with hopefully tens of hours of meaningful gameplay.

Let me know what YOU want to play on your iPhone and we'll make it happen. Thanks!

2. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

I want an open-ended adventure game with customizable scenarios, like Realmz.

3. Ipodboss7 macrumors newbie

4. ShockCoding thread starter macrumors newbie

Update:

The battle engine and overall character development framework is complete, except for minor details. Thank you for the input and ideas - ALL of your comments have been given due consideration!

One more thing: this game will NOT have iAPs. A separate version (a different App altogether) may be released after the initial release to test out different ideas we are playing with, but as of now we think the gameplay would benefit from avoiding the in-app-purchase system.

I think you all will be very pleased with the character development system. We have decided upon a three-and-a-half tier growth matrix, where you can improve your character through leveling skills, unlocking attributes, and customizing weapons/armor. The extra half refers to the ability to change attack style, capitalizing on the unique abilities of your character.

Animation will commence soon, and screenshots and trailers will be released in the coming weeks.

The next step is the implementation of the game itself. We believe we have a very strong and creative storyline, but what additional features would you like to see to distinguish this game from typical RPGs? Side quests, puzzles, unlockables, ETC. Let's hear your ideas!

(Hint: A gladiator-type arena is in the works; it will be a game in itself with major opportunities for character development and little effect on the main quest.)

5. Ipodboss7 macrumors newbie

6. brandyboot macrumors member

brandyboot