New Safari is dull?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tuanor, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Tuanor macrumors newbie

Okay, so I've very recently made the transition from Google chrome to Safari, as I realised that Safari runs much cooler on my MBP than chrome ever did (normal browsing temps of 45-50 compared to 60-70). I also made the transition to OS X Yosemite in the same day and I've noticed that for some reason YouTube on safari seems to have dull colours? Is this just an issue with my Safari, or has anyone else noticed this? And is there a way to change this?

http://imgur.com/a/fwJyu These are the screen shots i took of a youtube video, the top being safari and bottom being chrome.

Thanks!

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

The facial tones on your screen shot for Safari appear to be more accurate. I have to use Chrome at work (it's that or Microsoft's Internet Implosion), and images/videos on it appear a bit more saturated and contrasty.

Just my opinion, but Safari tends to be a bit more accurate as to color rendition. i.e. Chrome adds something that isn't there.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The top one looks more natural to me.

Not sure if it's the answer, but Safari does apply your display color profile to it's rendering, which no other browser to my knowledge does.

6. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

The Chrome version looks over saturated to me. The top image is much more natural looking.